Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Return_of_the_digits...

My hand - it's back, again... working perfectly, just like it was before all of this carpal-tunnel crap started happening; I can now press down on the 'p' button, apostrophie, right shift or anything else requiring my right pinkie or ring finger - the entire feeling is back - there is no longer any kind of numbness for that particular hand; I had gotten so freaked out after that last breakup - that alone completely screwed my hand up... completely.  I mean, I can't just _blame_ it all on my ex - because hey - it was _my_ stupid idea that we start dating, anyway - not hers.  All she wanted was a guitarist that would play for her.  Maybe I reacted so overtly.  I don't know.  I don't know if I want to know, myself.  But, it's nice to be able to hold onto things like my guitar picks, pens, being able to type completely again - stuff like that.  You really really REALLY don't know what you have, until you don't have it anymore.  You really don't.  I keep getting bad ad popups with this particular laptop.  They're driving me bonkers.  Don't know how crazy I am about this new windows system.  Whatever.  Life is good, again.  I am on top of things - everything - my party life - my love life - I am back on top of things, again - most definitely.  Saw Darius Rucker with special guest, Woody Harrelson on the 20th... it was fantastic... Rucker opened up with some Hootie & The Blowfish in "Let Her Cry", which was a _hugely_ inspirational song for me when I was in my heyday, back in the early and late nineties... I was completely on top of the world - perhaps about forty-to-fifty pounds heavier, but I was completely ruling everything.  Back before all of my issues with relationships seem to affect me so heavily.  Romantically-speaking... but anyway, back to the concert - Woody (White Men Can't Jump...) - Woody got his electric guitar out, and started by saying what an honor it was to play in Memphis, because of Elvis Presley and all that, and started to do Elvis' "Since my baby left me - I've found a new place to dwell... Heartbreak Hotel... it was pretty good, I have to give it to the guy.  It sounded maybe a liiiiiiitle out of his range, but he definitely pulled it off!!!  It was really good - then Rucker went into his new music "don't think I don't think about it" from his country music, which he's basically gotten into in the last four or five years (since Hootie's retirement...) so it was really well-worth the money that I paid ticketmaster to get.  It worked out well.  I love going to see concerts there because there are about 20,000 folks there, everybody is dancing and having a good time and enjoying the music - it's a really beautiful setting.  That is about the third concert I have seen at the Memphis Botanic Gardens.  I love it.  So - I have everything back that I lost - my hand, my guitar picks, my everything.  My self-dignity.  My confidence.  My complete ability to talk to people.  I guess I'm back; I'm turning 36 on the 25th, which is in one day... I have to say that, well, I'm pretty excited about my birthday - it's turning out to be quite a good fall season, with the temps outside getting a little bit downright chilly!  I was wearing a cutoff_sleeves t-shirt for today and wound up having to come across the street (from hanging out with a neighbor) and I wound up having to change into something more, warm(???) to put on... I love this fall weather.  I just love this time of year.  Everything about it, it's like ever since my birthday falls in late September, then Christmas comes around exactly 3 months after my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment